Monday, January 5, 2009

Tea Totaller

I once met a friend for lunch. We had just met each other a few times before and were still in the process of getting to know each other. While discussing ourselves I mentioned to her that I was a teetotaler. To which she replied, “Really? Even I love my teas. I am a total tea person.” I listened to her for about 5 minutes and then I told her that a teetotaler is actually a person who does not drink or smoke. She had a very sheepish smile on her face and was embarrassed for the next five minutes.

I always manage to find friends who brighten up my days.

2 comments:

Madhavi Mukherjee said...

was that me by any chance... i wouldnt be surprised actually ;)

The Think Tank [TTT] aka Melwyn Abraham said...

Lol. No it was not. And it could not have been you.