Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CHANGING TIMES



Look how times have changed
Its become autumn now
Why did we become so different?
And where, when and how?

I loved my ol music
Bee Gees, Beatles and Rolling Stones
The Stones have been made ‘rock’
And remixes for the clones.

I loved to do my gardening
Had some special pots
Now ‘pot’ is what they are having
And letting their bodies rot.

I lived in times of plenty
Lots of clothes to wear
Look how poverty has grappled us
Even with clothes they are bare!

My hair was long and lovely
Like snow over the Alps
Now I thirst to see hair
All I see is scalps

I worked hard for my body
Exercises gave me the boost
I heard metal is the in thing
So silicon rules the roost.

God gave Moses two tablets
Those are all I lived by
Now you pop pills for everything
To live and to die

Well times have changed now
All I cherished is torn apart
But I still see the same emotions
Deep down in their heart.


-MELWYN ABRAHAM

No comments: