Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Silver Lining

silver liningOne time, a young man who attended a local church heard that the husband of one of their ushers recently died.

He decided to visit the widow in their hope. He was even practicing the words he will tell her once she opens the door. 

To his surprise, the widow was in good spirits. She even offered tea and biscuits.
He asked the widow why she was such in a good mood considering that her husband has just died. 


She replied, “Yes. I am saddened. But I am also joyful because my husband is with the Lord.
The Lord will take care of me. I do not have to worry about anything. 


Instead of being the one to encourage the widow, the young man left the house encouraged. Consider it a change of roles. The widow overcame her depression not through therapy or a self-help book. It was because she meditated of the Word of God. 

No comments: