Tuesday, September 24, 2013

HERE’S SOME MORE




 

I remember a time I has asked God for something and he didn’t give it to me. I was 10 years old, my sister 11 and she was about 2 inches taller than me. I remember praying every day that year in our daily prayers asking the Lord to make me as tall as her. 


Unexpectedly I didn’t grow much that year as my sister grew even taller and I knew my prayers were not answered. So I stopped asking for that wish and resigned to the fact that she would always be elder and taller. 


When I turned 13 I had grown to be the tallest in the family. My sister stayed 5’0 for the rest of her life (though she still is the biggest person in our family) proving good things do come in small packages. I went on to be 5’8. 


You see my prayers were not answered and thank God for that. God deferred the wish but gave me more than what I had asked for. 8 inches more to be precise. He loves us deeply and hears our prayers but that does not mean he will always give us what we ask for. Just be sure that if your wishes were not fulfilled its because he wants to give us something better.

No comments: