Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Compilations - Secret to Success

This was written in 2004, when I had just moved to Dubai.


Hmmm,


How important is money? I think it’s not important at all. I can prove it. All I ask is the chance to prove that money cannot make me happy. Give me lots of money for the rest of my life and see how unhappy I am! I will not fail. I cannot afford to make anymore mistakes. Have you noticed that any time you wish to demonstrate something, the number of faults is proportional to the number of viewers? You are always asked trick questions. By the time you have the right answers, no one is asking you questions. I always admit my faults. But the true test is admitting it to someone else.


I have seen a change in myself. My aspirations keep soaring. In this part it has to. The cost of living goes up too often. By the time you can make ends meet, they've moved the ends. Change is required. So I thought maybe we should have a woman boss. That is like permitting yourself to get between a dog and a lamppost. [No offence to women here]I love the problems women come to you with. Each problem solved introduces a new unsolved problem.


On a more serious not, my boss is happy with me. He says I’m like a teakettle. Though it is up to its neck in hot water, it continues to sing. What the heck. I’m successful nonetheless and all due to the work I did. The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work. And my life of course. I work smart. I have a new theory. It’s like writing a patent medicine. First convince the reader that he has the disease he is reading about; secondly, that it is curable. And third that this is the medicine that will cure him.


There you go, that’s my secret to success.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wowoieeeee Melios.... Me liked this one