Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Zen goes Desi

Great News to all the gourmets and connoisseurs of fine dining, Zen [my favorite restaurant] has begun a Desi [Indian] menu.

Now you still cannot go to Zen and not devour the Thai food, but you can try out the Indian dishes as well. Now this is not your typical Indian food with some idiot from India coming and cooking up some nonsense and passing it off as Indian food. These are carefully researched and designed creations that caters to your taste buds, Zen style. Well I have always maintained that you don’t go to an Udupi restaurant and have Chinese food and this I speak from experience. But you can definitely go to Zen and order desi food because like it’s Thai and Chinese counterparts the food is sumptuous. The problem with Zen is that you hooked on pretty easy especially if you are a foodie like me or a sucker for great ambience and have a list of women you want to impress.

I won’t recommend any particular dish, but I would suggest that when you get there you tell Nicky what food you like and how you like it and let him surprise you. Ok you know what, I am going to recommend something and it is the Dal Kurchan.

Nicky – you owe me a new wardrobe.

No comments: