Sunday, November 9, 2008

Atlantis Aquapark

My dear roomies decided to treat me to a splash at the Atlantis Aquapark as my birthday gift. We set out at 12.30, arrived by 1 at the parking lot and took the shuttle from the parking lot to the entrance. The entry is AED 285, another 50 bucks per locker and after being separated from all that money we entered the place.

The rides were good. I did not try the leap of faith but my daring roomie Vee, did it thrice and I was content with the next best thing. You can laze about the place, take a tube and venture into the river and try out all the rides that it has to offer. The best thing according to me was the wave pool and I did that ride thrice. The last time all eight of us held each others tube and braved the turbulent sea and that took some effort.

Shel screamed like a girl most of the time as did Tashu who also made me take her piggy back just for kicks. I lost a few pounds I reckon with all the carrying and the splashing around. The prices are a little steep [even for the food available inside] but it was a fun day and we were really tired at the end of it. It’s a good exercise for you stomach as I realized the next day and you pick up a good tan as well [not that I need one]. If you can afford it go for it.

Thanks Vee, Thanks Tahsu

No comments: